Translate

Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Whalley Reviews: Super Castlevania IV


That's right, it's here. Welcome dear friends to my review of one of my personal favorite game of the Castlevania series. This is...

Super Castlevania IV.


Heya, guys! It's been awhile hasn't it? Well today we'll be taking a look at one of the Castlevania games again, but this isn't just a Castlevania game. Oh no! This is Super Castlevania IV! And worthy of that title. As I got a little older the SNES was already out and my dad got me two new consoles to play on, the PlayStation 1 and SNES, so which one did I play first? Well I did play Crash Bandicoot on the PS1 first, but then my eyes where drawn to the game I got ages back, but never been able to play it... Until that fateful day I decided to place that thing into the Super Nintendo then... BAM!

O_O

Oh shit....

BRING IT ON!!

Oh! wow! The graphics and sound are amazing! I mean look at this! Right I'm ready for anything!













 Wait... O_O I can use my wipe in any directions, well how many...?

8

Eight! OH YEAH! I feel unstoppable now! I can take down any opponent now!







Wow... This place looks much more creepier then last time.... OK I'm scared now!













 Oh wow! I get a map layout, too! AWESOME! Look out Dracula, I'm going to finish you once and for all!.... Again.











HOLY SHIT! I can swing on hooks with my wipe! I never thought I'd see that! (Nor did I ever thought I'd say something like that...) 










Oh! So you skull things are back also! Right with my new wipe skills, I can take care of you easily! (I died a couple of seconds after I said that.)










Hey, is it just me? Or are the walls spinning?













Right if I can just hold on for a while I should be able to get on that platform.... This ain't easy, guys. But this rotation effect is so cool!












O_O! My god! A double headed dragon! Have at thee! 











 AH! Mr Death, sir. We meet again, so... HOLD STILL WHILE I WIPE YOU!

.........

Did I really just say that?....







Finally Count Dracula, we meet at last. Again. BRING IT!











I did it! I defeated Dracula! Again! (After dying no less then 15 times....)













*sighs* This game is just.... Exquisite.

It was a huge step up from the NES trilogy, the stiffness of the old games controls.... gone. The attention to detail is just brilliant and the the most important thing they improved on is of course the control. I feel so in control of my character, as a famous angry reviewer once said, “It’s as if you are Simon Belmont!!” Hell! With the new enchantments to the controls you can make Simon do anything, even moonwalk! The control is just perfect. You feel totally in-mused into the game, that means the difficulty isn't about stiff controls and cheep deaths, but this time a genuine fair challenge. As much as story goes it's more of a remake of the first one, which I guessed this annoyed a lot of fans because they were expecting to play as other characters and to goes back to how it was before. but you know what? I like this way. It's straight forward, and simple. The replay value was high for me, and I'd play this bugger any day! As you get to the final stages of the game, you'll notice that it plays the music of all three of the NES games, it's like nostalgic memories of a Nintendo game.... within another Nintendo game. 

Here's a sample of one of the music pieces from the game. 

That's it. The perfect Nintendo game, for me. But I did wonder what'll come next for the SNES Because we have...

sequel,

prequel and now,

a remake of

the first game.

So, what game will come next?

Castlevania Dracula X?

..........

WHAT KIND OF NAME IS THAT!?

Well, whatever I get to that soon enough. So that was was my review of Super Castlevania IV, I hope you've enjoyed it, and I'll see you all next time for...

Oh, yes. This will be very good.
The Whalley.

1 comment:

  1. Dracula X is actually a toned down version of Rondo of Blood fir the MSX that was only released in Japan.

    ReplyDelete