Translate

Wednesday 5 December 2012

The Whalley Reviews: The Castlevania Games Part 3 (Video Games New Looks)


Well, here we are. The last Castlevania game on the old NES console, and my god! Do we have a game for you! So lets get right down to it, and take a look at...


Castlevania III
Dracula's Curse.

Well what can I say about this game? It is loads better then the last one. All those problems from the last game are gone, this game goes back to the original way and even gives you new characters play! HOLY CRAP!
You get to play more characters then Simon Belmont!!??



What?....

Oh.... This is our main character?..... Who is he?

Trevor Belmont.

O_O!
OK, so Simon's son going to fight Dracula right?...

Simon's Ancestor.  

...........

OK. So Simon's ancestor Trevor Belmont is going to be fighting Dracula... for the first time! -_-' *sighs.* But To the games and Trevor's credit.... THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!

 OK... Dracula... You need a better castle decorator mate. Because I wouldn't chosen one side to be pink another side yellow and.... one tower to be dark orange






Simon: Our father in heaven, please vanquish the evil blood sucking monster from this earth!








God: Ummm... you know I'm kind of beat with all the nature giving and shit... So why don't you vanquish the monster for me? I give you my blessing, my son. 







  Trevor: Very well, I SHALL do Gods work and destroy Count Dracula FOR GOOD!







Trevor: Onward!


(After Trevor leaves)


God: HA! What a tosser! 



 Skeletons? Easy!
 Hmmm... that's new.
OK, I wonder what's with this strange looking platform....
 AHHHHHH!!!!
Oh.... It's a trap. HA!
My god! Floating snake hair lady is back!










Oh! New enemies! Come at me you strange purple looking zombies! 








GOOD GOD! Their's fucking millions of them!!!









 OK, first level boss!
 Ummm... Where is he?
 O_O!
You sneaky cleaver basted! Also that's cheating!!









The game has gone back to how the first game play was and it was a breath of fresh air, to anyone who's played and hated Castlevania II. And it even added something new to the series other playable characters! You play as Trevor,

 Grant who climbs on walls,
 Syfa, who uses magic spells,

and Alucard!



 Oh... Not this Alucard...

(Hears gun click)

Bitch, I eat people!
(screams like a little girl.) AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

...............................

Moving on this Alucard, can turn into a bat (no shocker) but for him to use this move, you need to collect more hearts to use it. Also to add Alucard happens to be Dracula's son. O_O Oh boy.. father vs son. -_-' This could get ugly...







It really does feel nice to play more characters then just one of the Belmonts, and also another added feature is that when you leave a level there's a fork in the road to let you chose which direction you want to take first. With all these great new things added to the game how could it fail?!





   
OH MY FUCKING GOD IT IS THE HARDEST GAME EVER!!!

I'm not going to lie, by saying how many times I got hit, pushed and cornered by those stupid stairs and died because of that! This game shows no mercy and if at any chance it gets will see that you'll die in anyway possible. Oh! One thing I will say again and I'm with the Nerd with this.... FUCK THOSE STAIRS! You die more on the stairs then anything else, and none of the enemies or the game itself shows any mercy. But now for the moment of truth the hardest boss in the game... Count Dracula.

This guy is possibly one of the hardest bosses you'll ever face, especially people who have played the game for years and beaten him!
 Every time you keep hitting he uses what I think could be called magic a...
WALL OF FUCKING FIRE! And when your trapped in that you get this happen to you....
 Cooked to shit, and worst of all... HE HAS THREE FORMS! His first form. >>>
<<< Second form right here.
 And finally... THIS FORM.. O_O My god! This basted hard.









Now the good thing about this game is, well the same could be said to all the NES Castlevania games is they're hard enough to make you keep on playing it, and that's something special in a game you don't see a lot now in gaming. And the fact that you can play as more then one character in this game really makes you feel that your on an adventure or quest to ride the worlds evil and bring balance to the forces of light. The graphics are a dream for game players once again, and the music.... simply divine to new and old fans. 


Have listen again to a great piece of gaming music. 

One more thing to say about this game is that again the hearts have gone back to ammunition rather then money... as such. -_-' Anyway that raps up Castlevania III Dracula's Curse. I hope you've enjoyed this review. Because I show what I'll be reviewing next I've got to say that I will still be doing my reviews on the Castlevania games, but because there are loads out there I'll have to do them some other time. Or else we'll never finishes Video Games New Looks. So next week I'll be taking a look at the latest Castlevania game to have come out. So tune in next week people when we take a look at....

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

and also sometime during the week or next I'll be looking at my first anime series so what better anime to start with then....

Alucard: My series, bitches!
*sighs*

Hellsing Ultimate.

The Whalley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment